Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak: Updates and Resources
It’s important to remember that while the risk of becoming severely ill with COVID-19 is higher than with influenza, you can still protect yourself and those who are vulnerable in our communities by using the same practices recommended for protecting against all respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often and well.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use elbow bumps or waves instead of handshakes to greet.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill (especially postponing visits to friends or family in hospitals or long-term care facilities).
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands.
- In higher risk locations, consider avoiding crowds / mass gatherings, maintain at least a 1-meter distance between people (WHO) or 2 meters (CDC).
- Call Health Link, at 811 if you are concerned about your symptoms or believe you may be at risk.