AOHNA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you are prompted to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AOHNA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. This policy is effective permanently from February 1, 2013 until otherwise indicated.
What Information Is Collected
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company or employer, and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information (ie salary range, employment status, preferences and interests)
- Other information relevant to user surveys and membership forms
HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
AOHNA requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following purposes:
- AOHNA may use the information for internal record keeping
- AOHNA may use the information to improve our products and services
- AOHNA may periodically send information that we think you may find interesting using the email addresses you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
AOHNA uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. AOHN only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct communicative purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct communicative purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing AOHNA email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, AOHNA cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting these sites. As well, these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any website links you visit.