Every year, the Canadian Nurses Foundation gives out more than $275,000 in scholarships and bursaries to advance nursing practice and knowledge in Canada. Our scholarships are awarded based upon merit. We believe that supporting Canada’s best and brightest nurses will ultimately lead to superior patient outcomes and a stronger Canadian health care system. As Canada’s only national nursing foundation, we proudly accept applications from students across the country, in all regions of Canada.
The scholarships application process is now closed. Applicants will be informed of results by the end of June. The next application process will open in November 2018.
Dr. Kathryn J Hannah Nursing Informatics Scholarship
This new scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian nurse who is pursuing graduate education to continue to advance leadership and innovation in nursing informatics and is named in honour of internationally recognized nursing informatics pioneer, Dr. Kathryn J Hannah.
Beverley and John Carl Scholarship
This new scholarship is awarded to a British Columbia Nurse Practitioner who demonstrates outstanding nursing leadership and is enrolled in a nurse practitioner program in BC.
Lundbeck Canada Inc. Mental Health Nursing Awards
These new scholarships are awarded to registered nurses pursuing graduate studies at the Master’s or PhD level with a focus on mental health.
Manitoba Registered Nurses Centennial Legacy Scholarship
This new scholarship is available to Manitoba residents who are registered on the practicing register of the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba. The Scholarship shall provide support to registered nurses in Manitoba from all domains of practice pursuing graduate studies at the Master’s or PhD level.
To learn more about CNF’s scholarships click here.
The Canadian Nurses Foundation is proud to offer more than 50 scholarships in support of nursing education.
- Baccalaureate – $3,000
- Masters and Nurse Practitioner – $1,000 to $5,000
- Doctoral – $1,800 to $10,000
- TD Aboriginal Nursing Fund at all levels – ($1,500 – $5,000)
- RBC Diversity in Nursing Awards for internationally educated nurses
- Certification Awards – Value of the fee to write the exam, before taxes
- The online 2018 Certification Awards application process is now open – deadline November 1 2018. You may apply only for the cost of the exam fee, not including tax or test centre fee. Please note changes to the Certification Awards process. The application now requires your uploaded résumé in PDF format, and completion of a brief “Tell Us About You” text field.
Link to online application: http://cnf-fiic.ca/what-we-do/scholarships-and-bursaries/apply-now/
To apply for a scholarship or a certification award, please complete the appropriate online application on the Apply Now page. Before you begin the online application, please read our Guide to the Online Application Process. This document provides a detailed outline of the process you will need to follow to complete the online application, as well as identifies all of the documentation required and how to complete your reference forms. If you have questions about the content of the application, please e-mail to email@example.com If you need technical support, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All scholarship applications require the following documentation:
- Confirmation of registration in the next semester of your program
- Recent transcripts or web-based grades
- Three references (from academic supervisors where possible)
- Other documentation as specified in the eligibility criteria of a specific award